Sunday, September 16, 2012

And... we're back !

OK, let's try this again. It's been over a year and a half, but monday dinner has not stopped. Through the thick and thin, the dramatic and the sweet, we're still here. I do have pictures from some of our past dinners and so from time to time I will be posting "flashback" posts.

It's september, a new semester starts and we give it a new try. A good way to start of course is Lasagna ! Wrote a post about that before. Here I can add some pictures of the cooking process. As I write this my house smells wonderfully of ragù. I don't even know if anyone is coming tomorrow ! Not a problem, ragù (and lasagna) freezes well.

During the summer I made lasagna in the Barsac, in the Auvergne (see location). I used a slow cooker.... I was very skeptical, but in fact it turned out fine. I did put it in there only once was already sautéed and mixed up though. My friends have been trying to convince me to get a slow cooker... we'll see...

For now here are the picts for the preparation that I think are valid with and without a slowcooker: sauté the vegetables, layer the meat on top on a slow heat, after it has lost its color break it up and add the canned tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment